Museo Diocesano di Catania
The XXI AIV Congress will focus on the latest innovations regarding the materials, the processes and the advanced devices. Particular attention will be given to “Horizon 2020”, the EU’s new programme for research and innovation to increase the competitiveness of Europe. Running from 2014 to 2020 with an €80 billion budget. http://ec.europa.eu/research/horizon2020/index_en.cfm
- Plasma industrial applications.
- Composite materials for high temperature applications.
- Bio interfaces, cells/materials interactions, bio medical applications, nano-bio materials, micro fluid, bioelectronics.
- Fuel cells, hydrogen storage, membranes, electrodes and electrolytes.
- Solar radiation conversion, nanostructured organic and inorganic materials, photo- electro- chemical production of hydrogen.
- Renewable energies: technologies and systems for the distributed generation and intelligent use of energy, new applications, technological development and industrial opportunities.
- Photovoltaic: new technologies and products innovation to achieve the grid-parity.
- Large physics facilities, perspectives for research and industry.
- Big International projects: fusion, research and industrial connections, the ITER/DEMO technology.
- Micro-Nano engineered surfaces and their applications.
- Thin-film technologies and their applications..
- Vacuum technologies, materials, process and devices